Below is a summary of our Financial Assistance Policy. View the full policy in English or Spanish.
We are committed to providing necessary healthcare services to every patient, regardless of your ability to pay. We offer financial assistance if you:
- Need medically necessary, urgent or emergency services
- Live in Nashua, NH, or in a town surrounding Nashua
- Are uninsured, and do not qualify for any other funding sources such as the New Hampshire Healthcare Insurance Exchange or New Hampshire Medicaid
- Have an annual income that is at or below 225 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, depending on your family size [link to SNHH table]
- Do not have enough assets (home, bank account and stocks) to cover your medical expenses
What Do You Owe?
The State of New Hampshire requires that even if you are uninsured, your fee for service cannot be more than the amount we generally receive from patients covered by insurance, including Medicare. Your first billing statement reflects this discount. We then apply any financial assistance you receive to these discounted balances.
You can use financial aid to pay charges at the Medical Center or from Foundation Medical Partners. However, the financial assistance program does not cover bills from any other providers such as North American Partners in Anesthesia (New Hampshire) or Pathology Specialists of New England.
How Do You Apply for Assistance?
Call Financial Counseling at (603) 577-7800, and select option 2. The Financial Counseling office is located in the main lobby at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, 8 Prospect Street, Nashua, NH. The office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. You can apply in person or by mail.