The medical professionals at the Anticoagulation Clinic are dedicated to keeping you safe and healthy while taking anticoagulant drugs, such as warfarin or Coumadin®. Coumadin® is a blood thinner (anticoagulant) that your provider may prescribe if you are at increased risk for developing harmful blood clots or have previously-developed clots, have had a stroke, heart attack, or a clot in the leg (deep venous thrombosis or DVT). Our goal is to provide you with the best possible treatment in a comfortable atmosphere.
Research shows that anticoagulation clinics help to improve patient safety by reducing serious complications. We increase our success by always working as a team with your other providers so we have a complete picture of your health.
The Anticoagulation Clinic helps to:
- Determine the appropriateness of treatment
- Manage anticoagulation dosing
- Check on your overall health and how your body is tolerating the medicine
- Provide ongoing education
- Communicate with other providers involved in your care
Learn more about: