We are an American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited MRI department.
Interventional Radiology is a less invasive method of diagnosing disease and treating patients through the use of X-ray, Cat Scan, and Ultrasound by Vascular Surgeons and Radiologists.
By utilizing advanced techniques and imaging equipment they are better able to visualize and treat patients. These procedures are primarily outpatient with general anesthesia and offer reduced risk and pain levels and significantly reduce the recovery time.
Interventional Radiology has changed rapidly over the years with technology and equipment that allows our board-certified Radiologists, and Vascular Surgeons from Mass General, to provide enhanced diagnoses and treatment.
Interventional and Vascular Services:
- Vascular (vessels of the abdomen, upper and lower extremities)
- Central venous access for catheter and port placements
- Gastroinstestinal (stomach and Intestinal feeding tubes)
- Genitourinary (kidney and bladder tubes)
- Placement of drainage tubes